Now a days in this modern world almost all the phone come with inbuilt sufficient memory but also in some case we need to transfer or keep our important data ( picture, video, contact ) in external storage device like flash drive in those case we have to transfer those file in flash drive. Today we will go through steps wise to Connect USB Flash Drive to Android in OTG enabled Phone and Tablet.
USB On-The-Go is a specification first used in late 2001 For instance, a mobile phone may read from removable media as the host device, or present itself as a USB Mass Storage Device when connected to a host computer.
Things to know before you start connecting your USB Flash Drive to Android Phone or tablet.
First you need to check that you phone support USB OTG or not, yes this is true that all phone does not support OTG connectivity. even the latest version of android phone.
- To check whether your phone support OTG Download and install OTG checker on your Mobile Phone.
- Open the installed apps.
- Check whether your device supports USB OTG or not.
Now the second thing you must have is OTG cable. OTG cable allow you to connect your device and smartphone and helps you to transfer your file. You can get OTG cable for as low as Rs 50 from online retailer like ebay or Amazon.
Connect USB Flash Drive to Android in OTG enabled Phone and Tablet?
- Now connect your OTG cable to your android phone.
- Insert your USB flash drive to USb port of OTG cable.
- Now you can access all the files in yous flash drive using android file manager.