Enabling auto login in Windows 7 is one hidden feature in Windows 7, it save time to enter password.To do this you should know how to enable the automatic Windows 7 login. With a few simple steps you do not have to enter your username and password again and again on every boot up.
How to enable the automatic Windows 7 login
Follow this simple steps to enable automatic Windows 7 login
- Run registry as administrator.
- Uncollapse the registry keys: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrent Version Winlogon].
- Create a new String value and rename it to “AutoAdminLogon“.
- To create new string valueright-click in the right pane and click on New -String Value.
- Double-click on the newly created registry key and enter the value “1” and confirm it.
- Now Create two more “String” as above with named “DefaultPassword” and “DefaultUsername”.
- Now double-click on the entries and enter your username and password.
- At last now Confirm that your registry keys look similar to the picture.
important note: Windows 7 will automatically disable the auto-login if you do not enter Default password.